Ouch - did we get stung!!

As wonderful camp ground hosts we decided it was time to trim trees and bushes along the trails out at Picnic Island.. okay, I decided... (see if Earl ever listens to me again) - ha! Anyway, I pointed and he chopped until I sent him ahead and in process of clearing trail we both screamed OUCH at same time. I had a yellow jacket stinging me on the inside of my thigh right through my clothes and had to pick him off with my fingers! Earl had one in his shirt I let loose when untucked his shirt! Then he got bit twice more behind his knee! Good grief! You think we were near a nest?? His bites hurt and itched some but no swelling really. On the other hand my bite turned into a lump about the size of an orange and started to spread down my thigh! Yikes. Called the doc and was told I was fine. Keep putting on cortazone cream and take an antihystimine (not quite sure what that does) - Will last about 7 days.. yikes.. Feel fine so not allergic but it still itches like crazy... Will be glad when the 7 days up for sure... what a bummer...

Another crazy weekend with a broken down golf cart and servicing on foot (a challenge but do able) still fairly decent campers... our log was stolen again that keeps people away from sewer... what is the attraction? thought because it was driftwood and weighed a ton it was safe.. not from our campers... they will try to burn anything.. Of course the darn thing is all blackened but did not burn so now we have hoist it into the dumpster.. what a waste and a stinky job besides... ought to have them haul it over there. ha! That would do the trick. maybe...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taliesin West

Hingham, MA

Mr Hawk