Fairbanks Family Reunion

More on family reunion in August.... Craftsmen were on hand to show how things were done in the old days.  Also on hand was a lady portraying "Grace" who was very good.  She not only dressed the part and spoke it but was very informative on how things were in those days.  Like why they built the fireplace in the center of the home. How when they decided to come to "New England" they planned for a few years and had specific tools and things they brought with them for the long voyage and to live and build a home.  A good time was had by all and it was very informative to boot... It is all such a great time for me since I have been researching my family roots for years and to see the actual towns and in some cases homes of some of these ancestors is so rewarding.  I feel blessed and although I do miss our loved ones on the west coast, I am thoroughly enjoying this trip out east too this summer.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hingham, MA

Taliesin West

Mr Hawk