Oranges from the "Sunshine" State

This truck is a familiar sight here in central Florida and we have heard a few times on the news how they are experiencing a "bumper" crop this year!  So, I want to know WHY in this state they even import oranges from South Africa????  Yes, folks that is what is wrong with our economy... farmers and bankers and politians who would rather play games with the food we all need and love then make an honest buck here in the good ol' US of A - I guess.  that's my thought anyway... When I go to a state that is known for it's produce and then go to the market and find what I think is fruit from that state and see stickers saying from South Africa I sort of get a  little annoyed.  I imagine others do too. I do pay attention though and let the store know that I do notice and will not purchase from them.  I will go looking for the local foods... Meanwhile, although we have experienced a cold spell we are still enjoying our stay down here.  Back in Clermont for another 2 weeks then south again.. ha!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taliesin West

Hingham, MA

Mr Hawk