The Land of the Giants!

One of our most favorite places is the Redwood forest in Northern California!  They are such giants and so peaceful and quiet!  Of course saying that I hope and pray I am never in the vacinity to hear one of these monsters fall!  That would be scary!  We were told by one of the volunteers that they were there when a tree fell and thought it was an earthquake!  These trees really splinter when they fall too so it could be deadly with the giant splinters!  Despite all that, we love it here and although we have been here many times, the magnificent trees always enthrall us!  As big as they are, they are are nearly impervious to fire and although they are too large to suck up the water from the ground their tree top, they thrive on the fog that comes in off the Pacific!  I do wish sometimes I could be a child again so I could romp and play hide n seek!  I never visited here when a youngster and each time I do now I just know it would be so much fun to be child and able to climb and run and play!  Earl played here as a youngster and am sure that is why he loves it so too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hingham, MA

Taliesin West

Mr Hawk